Over the past 25 years, the Best Smokeless Indoor Grills industry has taken off thanks to the engaging smile of a formidable sensation artist named George Foreman. Since then, everyone has gotten to work and there are now dozens of indoor grills vying for the attention of hungry consumers around the world. Being hungry consumers ourselves, we felt compelled to test as many as possible and the list below represents what we think we’re the top 10.
The Best Smokeless Indoor Grills
The Cuisinart GR-4N is a pocket dynamo that can function as a full grill, half grill, full grill plate, full grill plate, half grill grill, contact plate, or panini press.
It is perhaps the most beautiful indoor grill on the Mark: et and it performs as well as it looks. The fact that the cooking surface is not tilted is a little annoying, but nothing fancy to the point that we don’t recommend it. Because it does a great job with whatever you decide to put in it. Be sure to also check out our list of the best camping grills for more great great items like this.
- Mark: Cuisinart
- Device weight: 14.9 lbs
- Cuisinart’s removable and reversible baking sheets allow for easy cleaning.
- Dual temperature control allows for greater participation on your part in the cooking process.
- High build quality and clean brushed stainless steel case.
- We would like to see a sloped cooking surface for easier cleaning.
If you are looking for quality and flavor on the outside with the comfort of the inside, you can’t go wrong with this Hamilton Beach grill.
This Hamilton Beach grill is the kind of device that makes us wonder how we got by without it. The look is clean and tight, the controls are simple and logical, there’s room for our favorite dishes, they taste amazing, and everything cleans up in minutes. Our handy guide to the best barbecue grills features more great products like this.
- Mark: Hamilton Beach
- Model: 25361
- Device weight: 8.14 lbs
- Easy to clean thanks to the removable drip tray and non-stick plate.
- Fully adjustable temperature settings for precise cooking.
- The dome cover is perfect for locking in the flavor of your meats and other favorite dishes.
- The non-stick plate may stick a little.
The Cuisinart GR-300WS Elite Grill is a homer burger that will be a culinary rage with your guests.
The Cuisinart GR300WS offers 6 cooking options: panini press, full griddle, half grill, full grill, half grill and top melt. We like the two-zone temperature control to save time and the device really cleans itself with two swipes of the lamb tail. This also makes a great food gift for those in your circle who love to eat.
- Mark: Cuisinart
- Model: GR-300WS
- Device weight: 16.84 lb
- The non-stick cooking plates are reversible and removable for maximum comfort.
- Adjust the temperature on each side independently with the dual zone control.
- 6 cooking options on tap.
- One of the most expensive on our list.
Set this grill indoors or outdoors and enjoy the same amazing flavor and time-saving cleaning.
A typically easy to use product that also produces typically delicious dishes, whether you’re grilling chicken, shrimp or sirloin fillets. The sloped cooking surface keeps greasy residue away from your culinary creations so the end product is both delicious and heart-healthy.
- Mark: George foreman
- Model: GGR50B
- Device weight: 21 pounds
- The cooking surface tilts forward to remove fat from the food.
- High waist for maximum comfort. No bending or stretching.
- The domed hood helps create convection currents that make cooking easier.
- It takes time to cook a large piece of meat.
The T-Fal GC702 has its 6 settings from which you can choose: burger, sandwich, red meat, sausage, poultry and fish.
The T-Fal GC702 does a great job on thicker cuts of meat that other indoor grills struggle with. Plus, it drains fat during cooking, lets you know when a cut of meat needs to be scarce, medium or well done and has a manual mode for roasting vegetables. If you buy this grill, make sure you have good meat grinders on hand, as you will be grilling meat all the time.
- Mark: T-fal
- Device weight: 11.6 lbs
- Adapts to the thickness of the meat to ensure proper cooking.
- Beeps let you know your meat is done.
- The indicator light tells you when the grill is properly preheated.
- The display can be a bit confusing.
If you like to keep an eye on your chops while they’re grilling to perfection, you’ll love the Delonghi BG24 Perfecto.
The Delonghi Perfecto is a simple design with simple functions that does one simple thing very well: it produces delicious grilled meats and other dishes. It has what we would love to see in other indoor grills; a tempered glass cover so we can keep an eye on things without having to constantly open the grill. It is a perfect gift for men who love barbecues.
- Mark: Delonghi
- Model: BG24
- Device weight: 10.8 lbs
- Even heat distribution for a nice cut of meat cooked evenly.
- Removable non-stick grill plate and drip tray for easy cleaning.
- The removable thermostat allows you to closely monitor the condition of your plate.
- The nonstick cooking surface is not as durable as it could be.
It’s a grill. It’s a plancha. It’s both! The Hamilton Beach Grill / Griddle Combo saves you time while giving you cooking options you don’t get with other grills.
While it’s true that the individual cooking surfaces aren’t huge, they’re big enough to cook a variety of different dishes, including steaks, chops, omelets, pancakes, and more. The ability to independently control the heat from different sides is also a plus, as is the slightly inclined surface. It is also a great Christmas gift for your loved ones.
- Mark: Hamilton Beach
- Model: 38546
- Device weight: 9.3 lbs
- Griddle, grill or grill / grill combination. It’s up to you.
- Great for family breakfasts or when cooking for different people with different tastes.
- 2 heating zones with independent temperature control.
- The individual cooking surfaces are not that big.
Presto is a good name for this tabletop electric grill because it heats up in a hurry.
We love the large cooking surface. It saves you time by allowing you to cook more chops, chicken wings, or other foods that you have on hand. We love the cool-to-the-touch base. We love how quickly the device heats up and we really like the price. Oh yes, and we also like the free spatula.
- Mark: Presto
- Model: 09020
- Device weight: 5 pounds
- When you’re done, wipe the grill down a bit and put it in the dishwasher.
- The base around the grill surface takes advantage of Presto’s “cool touch” technology.
- The cooking surface is a generous 16 inches wide to accommodate more food for more people.
- A cover for the grill would be nice.
Big George makes another appearance on our list here with this fully guaranteed dishwasher safe grill.
An excellent tool for cooking simple dishes of meat and fish. The GRP1060B now heats up much faster than previous George Foreman grills and offers more cooking surface. It is tilted forward to remove grease and help with cleaning and this cleaning can be done in the dishwasher. If you are looking for a useful housewarming gift for your loved ones, this might be a good idea.
- Mark: George foreman
- Model: GR2060B
- Device weight: 4.2 lbs
- The temperature indicator light lets you know when the grill is ready to use.
- The new and improved non-stick coating makes cleaning easier than ever before.
- A larger cooking surface allows you to cook 4 servings of your favorite dish at the same time.
- Temperature control light, but little temperature control.
Whether you want to invite the boss over for dinner or just make a burger, the Excelvan BBQ Grill is the grill for you.
Overall, this latest entry in our top 10 grill is a great value that features a lot of cooking surface. It heats up faster than other appliances and fat is eliminated efficiently before becoming one with your meal. Great for chicken, pork, steaks, burgers and a host of other dishes. For more options, check out our guide to the best pellet grills.
- Mark: Duronic
- Device weight: 2.3 Kg
- The fat drains into the collection plate rather than being absorbed by your burger.
- The temperature control is good enough for an indoor electric grill.
- The cooking space is 52 x 27 cm for parties and special occasions.
- The drip plate coating is not as sturdy as we would like.
Smokeless Indoor Grills FAQ
What is the best smokeless Indoor Grills?
In our opinion, this is the Hamilton Beach 25361 Indoor Grill. You can read what we have to say about it at the start of this guide so that we don’t get into another review. Let’s just say it’s done well and does a good job over and over again.
What are the advantages of an smokeless Indoor Grills?
First, it’s inside where you’re not subject to Mother Nature’s whims. Second, the smaller grill encourages smaller portions. Third, indoor grills are designed to wick away grease and to last, they clean up in a jiffy.
Outdoor or Smokeless Indoor Grill?
Each party to this argument is absolutely convinced that they have the best solution. Outdoor grills emphasize the fact that they can cook more food at a time, use less energy, and are healthy, outdoors. Indoor grills emphasize the advantages outlined above.
Does an indoor grill give off smoke?
With most indoor grills you will feel a bit of smoke the first few times you light them, but once you break them down you will find that they create a lot less smoke than outdoor grills. No grill is a true smokeless grill, but the indoor grill comes close.
How to clean an smokeless Indoor Grills?
First, be sure to remove any grease and throw it in the trash (not the sink). Then remove the drip pan and cooking surface, place them in the sink and spray them. Then take the sprayed parts out of the sink and put them in the dishwasher. While the dishwasher is running, clean the rest of the appliance with a sponge and mild soap. Then remove the clean parts from the dishwasher and put the grill back in place.
Things to look for when buying an indoor grill
Before spending your hard-earned money on a new indoor grill, look for the following things:
Temperature Indicator – You need to know when the grill has reached cooking temperature and the best way to do this is by using a temperature indicator: either a light or a beep.
Sufficient Power – Every time you check your food, you are releasing a bit of heat. Electric grills can be slow to recover this heat if they are underpowered.
Sloped surface and drip tray – You want the grease that runs off your food to drain. So make sure your grill has an angled cooking surface and a pan to catch dripping fat.
Removable Cooking Surface and Drip Tray – It is also important that these items are removable. If they aren’t cleaned up, that’s going to be a problem.
Maximum temperature of 600 degrees – No, you don’t technically need 600 degrees to cook meat, but the higher your maximum temperature, the more useful your settings will be between settings.
The indoor grill has made life much more convenient and delicious for millions of people. Use the information you find here to find the grill that best suits your needs. And don’t forget to check it out. We are constantly uploading new product review guides.